Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Second Day Blues

I wish I could say the second day was as good as our first. We just started out on the wrong foot and never got back around to where we should be. It was raining this morning and when Kendall woke up and saw that it instantly put her in a bad mood. Now when I taught school and I had one kid in a bad mood it was not such a big deal. After all, I had 24 others in a good mood. Usually the bad mood kid would come around because who wants to spend all day in a bad mood when you have good mood kids to hang out it. I found out very quickly when you have one student that is not the case. It is hard to work with a sour puss. There were some time outs and writing lines today for refusal to participate and do work. The little ones were cranky today too which made the day no easier :-) It's a new schedule and a new life and we're all adjusting. We'll get there. We'll have a better day tomorrow and we'll have another bad day down the road as well. On the plus, when Byron asks Kendall what we did today she was able to tell him some of the things we learned. So even a sour puss still has ears that work.

No comments:

Post a Comment