Saturday, August 14, 2010

And Away We Go!

If you are a Christian you believe that you should follow Jesus with all your heart.  Along with all the good stuff that comes with that like heaven, peace in your soul, endless joy; comes some hard stuff.  Turning away from sin,  choosing to be in the world, not of the world, and for us; homeschooling.  I could sit here and tell you that homeschool came as an easy decision to us through prayer, bible study, and wisely counsel.  That would be a lie.  Oh we had a lot of prayer, bible study, and wisely counsel.  However, I have been testing God's patience since 1976 and I didn't disappoint this time.  See, Kendall liked school.   I liked school too.  And since we're on the subject I believe that public and private schools have an important place in our society.  I have taught public school and I know I made a difference in some of those kid's lives.  That's not being pompous, that's just the way it is.  There are parents who need the services of public school so they can go be doctors, nurses, firefighters, police officers, etc. during the day whose services we all use.  So I hope I don't protest too much, but I am just trying to give you an idea of where I was a year ago and why I had to be dragged kickin' and screamin'.  Don't get me wrong.  School starts on Monday and I am EXCITED!!  Kendall is too.  It's going to be a great year of learning and growing and fun.  I beg you though to please don't ask me my theory on this or that, my definition of a great homeschool environment, or my homeschool philosophy.  At least not yet.  I'm just not ready.  :-)  Try me again in May.  In the meantime tune into our blog.  It's going to filled with all our triumphs, flops, funnies, and frustrations.  It should be an interesting year.

No comments:

Post a Comment